The AP 2i is a powerful indoor Access Point radio, coupling screaming output power (500 mW) with a unique, com-pact design to deliver a robust, cost-effective 2.4 GHz AP solution. The AP 2i features an array of flexible hardware features, including an Atheros-based radio platform enabling advanced features such as channel splitting capabilities to optimize link efficiency. The AP 2i features external LEDs for power, LAN and wireless link status, and may be powered by either direct DC power or power-over-ethernet (9V—52V). This product ships with a removable RPSMA 3dBi Omni-Directional Antenna and in-tegrated power-over-ethernet power supply, providing a complete out-of-the-box solution for indoor access point provisioning.
The software features of the AP 2i include a powerful Linux-based core OS, with an easy-to-use, web-based GUI, providing an increased amount of flexibility, stability, features, and management functions that are not present in other WISP products on the market today. This product is also compatible with WNMS, a centralized configuration, firmware, and statistics server for carrier class management.
With WNMS you can:
- Collect information about your network devices (name, MAC, serial number, IP, firmware) in one place, have a quick search and data export possibilities.
- Monitor your network and device actual status, define monitoring profiles for desirable tracking parameters (standard and custom based on SNMP value), get alerts on WNMS dashboard and via e-mail, analyze alarms history.
- Execute the following tasks for your device or group of devices: set configuration file on device, get configuration file from device, upgrade a firmware, get a troubleshoot file, reboot. You can run tasks immediately or schedule them according to your needs.
- Define profiles for collection of SNMP based statistical data from devices and create graphic reports.
- See your network and devices on Google map including availability status.
- See your devices on topology map and create interconnections between devices according to your network structure.
- Have a big network and want to split it into smaller logical groups (smaller networks) and want to monitor, configure each part individually.
You get other advantages if you use the WNMS:
- WNMS work on any network infrastructure. Devices can be connected through wired or wireless; can be on LAN behind a NAT or on WAN.
- WNMS supports device provisioning. During the device registration to the system process WNMS can identify/filter an equipment by defined rule (by MAC, IP, serial number) and assign automatically profiles for monitoring and statistics collection, also can set configuration file on the device.
- WNMS has presentable and user-friendly Adobe Flex GUI.